PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The Accounting Administrator/Receivables Officer is to manage, collect and oversee our Accounts Receivables, guided by a set of Key Performance Indicators set out. The Accounting Administrator is to support strong customer relationships while managing the company’s revenue, with the overall end result of increasing our cash flow and maintaining our competitive advantages to the satisfaction of the Accountant and stakeholders.
- The Accounting Administrator/Receivables Officer is responsible for overseeing the Accounting Receivables cycle.
- The Accounting Administrator/Receivables Officer provides support towards the achievement of optimal conversion rates and consistency in managing the level of revenue targets for the company
- Reports to Accountant to continuously improve the cash inflows, billing of invoices, customer database ultimately increasing the company’s stability, profitability and contribute to the development of the organization
- Basic Knowledge of all print processes, materials, and equipment
- Know the company’s products and services, processes and policies
- Know our Customers and their businesses including their payment and administrative cycle
- Collection of receivables including
- Contact with customers on due date of receivables
- Follow-up with customers and quickly respond to needs for copy invoices, delivery slips etc.
- Arrange with bearer for the collection of payments.
- Maintain customer database including customer Invoicing and electronic dispatch
- Posting to General Ledger
- Follow up of GCT Approved Zero Rated Purchase Orders from customers
- Complete weekly, bi-monthly and monthly Receivables Reports including projections of receivables payments.
- Follow up on Electronic Payments, Wire Transfers, RTGS and all other types of payment
- Lodgments to various companies’ account.
- Live and work by our Core Values
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of the administration of customer accounts
- Analyze and Interpret statements and various types of accounting transaction with strong accounting knowledge of entries and journal vouchers preparation
- Knowledge of Peachtree(Sage) or QuickBooks Accounting software (or any other similar software)
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Be able to prepare spreadsheets for analysis and presentations with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communications skills
- Very effective organizational skills
- Work on own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Stress and time management skills
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- 2 years experience in similar position
- Sound work attitude