PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Executive Assistant is to provide support to the Managing Director of Pear Tree Press and peartreeXpress Limited. The Assistant is to ensure that the proper chain of command and protocol is observed by all requiring the attention or intervention of the Managing Director. The Assistant will display a high level of professionalism, integrity and respect to both internal and external customers, suppliers, staffs and acquaintances to Pear Tree Press, peartreeXpress and the Managing Director.
- The Executive Assistant is responsible for primary support to the Managing Director towards optimizing the Managing Director’s Role.
- The Executive Assistant provides secondary support to the Management Team of Pear Tree Press and peartreeXpress Limited towards the achievement of increasing the overall productivity of the organization.
- Reports to the Managing Director and ultimately increasing the company’s stability, profitability and contribute to the development of the organization
- Basic Knowledge of all print processes
- Know the company’s products, services and policies
- Proficiency in Company MIS (Print Smith)
- Manage the Managing Director’s calendar including schedule meetings and logging appointments
- Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests and handle them when appropriate
- Dealing with incoming e-mails, correspondences and posts to the Managing Director and responding to them promptly.
- Follow up on deliverables from managers and their team members
- Dissemination of information from the Managing Director to managers, staff, vendors, customers and all other stakeholders
- Arrangement of travel, Visas, Accommodation and occasionally travelling with the Managing
- Director to take notes or dictations at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- Managing of traffic to Managing Director’s office
- Maintenance of social contact with customers including scanning of newspapers for their promotion and to congratulate them
- Use of media including website and newspapers for government bids
- Managing projects and conducting research
- Preparing/correcting reports, spreadsheets and letters
- Live and work by our Core Values
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of the administration of businesses
- Excellent command of English Language
- Knowledge of Microsoft office tools and electronic calendar/appointment scheduling
- Devising & maintenance of office system including data management and filing
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Be able to prepare spreadsheets for analysis and presentations with attention to detail and a high level; of accuracy
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communications skillsLetter writing skills, e-mails and reports up to executive level
- Effective organizational skills
- Work on own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Stress and time management skills
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest, trustworthy and display the highest integrity.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to dissolve ones ego
- Be flexible
- Attitude not Aptitude will determine your Altitude
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- Two (2) years experience in similar position
- Sound work attitude